Monday, June 22, 2009

End of the Affair


I used to have a magazine addiction. Things are diferent now. With my recent discovery of the wonderful world of blogging, magazines just don't do it for me anymore. With so many decorating and lifestyle blogs out there, up-to-the-minute fashion and interior design are at my fingertips. My love affair with magazines began at the tender age of twelve when I purchased a subscription to "Young Miss" magazine. I anxiously awaited the arrival of my copy of Young Miss every month. The moment it appeared in the mailbox I snatched it, headed for my bedroom, locked the door and poured over each page. By reading the pages of this pre-pubescent publication I learned all that I needed to know about boys, skin care, eating disorders and of course the latest fashions of 1972.
Lately I've noticed my dissatisfaction with magazines growing. I find the ratio of articles to advertisements increasingly annoying. And then there's the environmental issue of all those trees sacrificing their lives so we can see Oprah in the check-out line at the grocery store. I could see the writing on the wall. It's been fun but it's time to move on. I'll always cherish what we had together.

No comments:

Post a Comment