Saturday, July 25, 2009

Thrift Store Blood Bath

Warning: The following blog post contains graphic material that may not be suitable for young children.


Since it's Saturday, I thought about risking heat stroke and hitting some yard sales around Sugar House. I vowed never to shop at "The Boutique" (Deseret Industries) on the weekend because it's just too dangerous. But since I had no cash on hand and was still recovering from my photo session in the sun yesterday I thought, "What's the harm in just popping in?" It was as horrifying as I had remembered.








When the cart rolls out of the backroom, all hell breaks loose! They swarm like drunken sailors on shore leave at a whorehouse.










It's a life and death gamble...reach in to grab a Shirley Temple commemorative plate and you could pull back a bloody stump.
















The crowd has thinned out a bit so it's now safe to approach the cart.

















Can you imagine risking life and limb in order to score this sleepytime bear in the nightshirt and cap?














George, he's my favorite D.I. employee. He knows my taste and always gives me a heads-up when something good is about to emerge from the back.






While all those losers were hovered around that cart with the stupid sleepy teddy bear, I swooped down and nabbed this great table.












Look what Spence scored at the cart...a Maxfeild Parish print. He almost lost an eye wrestling it away from the competition but it was worth it.


Just another day at the office.


Love, Kelly

2 comments:

  1. Whew, I'm so glad that I don't have a weak stomach! :) *teehee*

    Hugs,
    Christina xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh you are hysterical...I couldn't stop laughing! I went to two BOUTIQUES yesterday...same story. I am just not an expert at going to them...must get tips on that one or I will be the bloody one LOL!

    ReplyDelete