Thursday, September 3, 2009

New Music



One of the things I love about having my own shop is that I get to play amateur DJ. I'm always on the lookout for new music to share with my customers as they shop. One of my absolute favorites is Melody Gardot. After hearing her first album last year, "Worrisome Heart" I was hooked. Her latest release, "My One and Only Thrill" is even better. At 23 years of age, her music is surprisingly sophisticated, blending elements of jazz, folk and blues. Her voice is soulful and seductive and her original lyrics display a compelling level of heartache.

Injured in a car accidient at the age of 19, the story of her personal recovery and triumph over tragedy is an inspiring tale.

So check out Melody Gardot at:http://www.vervemusicgroup.com/melodygardot

Love, Kelly

2 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful blog !!!!


    Cheers:-)
    World up !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so happy you like Melody! I had the honor of presenting her the Golden KIAC Award from the Indie Music Awards! She has been my favorite for years now! Such an amazing artist!

    You always find the best, even in music Kelly! A true talent to seek only quality. That's what I love about you!

    ReplyDelete