Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Remuddling

There's never a dull moment at our house. It seems I can't just leave well enough alone. I'm always painting or rearranging or something. It's my nature and Poopsie tolerates it. My latest idea was to open up the wall between the livingroom and a very small bedroom on the other side of this wall. The little bedroom never really gets used and the living room felt cramped to me.
I've been begging Poopsie to do this project for years but he just didn't share my vision. This weekend, he asked me to host Christmas dinner for the family. He knows that I'm usually too exhausted to entertain. I agreed to do it if he'd tear down the wall. Married life...it's all one big negotiation.

Here's Poopsie in action. Isn't he manly?



This is a load bearing wall but don't worry, Poopsie's a professional. We will need to have an electrician come in to move some wires around.


Poopsie drags the sheet rock out to the front porch as Bumbee looks on. Oh Poopsie...you're my hero!


Stay tuned, folks. Phase II of our "remuddling" next weekend. After all, Poospie has a day job.
Love, Kelly




6 comments:

  1. wow Kelly...very brave to take this on when there is only 24 days till christmas, mrs. shopkeeper!!! Brave indeed!

    Poopsie, very strong and ambitious, weather is so beautiful and perfect for projects like this.
    Much luck!

    Good luck...I just need to "call" someone to mud my walls in the sunroom and paints them, can't even handle that right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kelly, wow, your poopsie is great! (love that you call him "Poopsie"!) I don't know how you do it all and handle your busy beautiful shop as well... you are one talented lady! I will be in sometime this week for my recipe box, thanks for holding it for me! Love to you... Bisous... Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. question? what are you going to do about the floors so they match? love Annie from brigham

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kelly! Wow this is going to be so awesome when it's done! Great idea!! I have a constant need to change and rearrange around here too...it's inherited from my mother :)

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is the little bedroom becoming part of the larger room then? Will it have hardwood floors as well....could you please post your architectural blue prints, and a copy of you permit? ....waiting patiently for photos of Phase II this weekend......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not sure if you read my "FB" comment about this particular series of photos, but if not, you should refer to a recent 2nd Hand Chic blog post of your own, where I comment about your "craftroom" that made all of us cry for you and gave me the determination to move in and take over.

    Did I mention that someone must come over to my house (RIGHT NOW -- and try not to slip on the ice and run into Pete's car for the third time this night) and put your crazy sleep deprived sister to bed!

    OMIGOSH I LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete