Saturday, January 30, 2010

On the Road Again

Yesterday my youngest daughter, Heather boarded a Greyhound bus for her next adventure. When she graduated from High School last year the thought of attending college just did not appeal to her. She has spent the last year attending the school of life. She goes where the wind takes her...the jungles of Maui (pictured above), working on a farm in Northern California and most recently, living on a boat in San Francisco. I get asked alot if I worry about her. If you are a mother, you know the answer to this question is "Yes!" But when your children are grown and they leave the nest you accept the fact that they have to follow their own path in life. This has been a good lesson in "letting go" for me.

She has spent the last few weeks at home with us and I have to say, I have noticed a change. She has matured during this last year by virtue of being on her own and having to fend for herself. Heather was not my "easy" child. She has grown so much during the past 12 months.
So, Happy Trails to you, Heather. Be safe and remember we love you.
Love, Kelly




2 comments:

  1. Heather may be ready for the world, but is the world ready for Heather?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adios and Aloha, Heather. Let us know where you're headed and keep us up to date on your adventures!! I wish I were you!

    ReplyDelete