Sunday, January 31, 2010

Silver Sunday


A few weeks ago I found this unusual piece of "folk art" at a thrift store. Since I live in Utah, I seem to be drawn to Western art. This piece really intrigued me. At first glance it appears to be a painting but upon closer scrutiny, I discovered it is indeed a piece of printed fabric glued to a board and put in a frame. Then, the "artist" spruced the piece up a bit by adding some silver and copper sparkle highlights.




As they say in those old Western movies, "There's silver in them thar hills!"


To check out the other Siver Sunday Blog Party post, go to Gypsy Fish Journal. And thanks again, Beth, for being the hostess with the mostess!
Love, Kelly



6 comments:

  1. Fascinating what people do to make art work!
    Thanks for posting this unusual silver piece, Kelly. - Sparky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you had to much fun with this one. "There's silver in them thar hills". Oh fun and I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing the things you notice about artworks after you buy them and look at them for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kelly: You're too funny...I like the thought of silver mine much better than gold...
    Thanks for coming to the party...see you next Sunday!
    {{gypsy hugs}}
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. THis is such a truly interesting piece of art...it literally has that"gritty" feel of the westward ho trek! I love this artwork and I hope it lasts a little while in the shop....but I know it won't, it's too cool!

    ReplyDelete