Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Just a quick post to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving. We have so much to be thankful for. Family and friends who love us, homes to live in and a bounty of food to eat. These are the only things we really need in life. All the other stuff is just icing on the cake.

I wanted to share a website with you that I just found: http://www.shorpy.com/ It has hundreds of old photos. If you are a fan of vintage photography, you'll love it! As I was perusing the website, what stood out was the sad photos taken during the depression; especially those of migrant families during the dust bowl era. They truly are heartbreaking. It really made me realize how very lucky we are to have so much. Let's just always remember to apreciate it!

Love, Kelly

3 comments:

  1. Hello Kelly... I too love the old photos...you are right, they truly make us realize just how blessed we are... I am going to try to make it to your shop on Friday... I think I just found my new favorite store!!! Bisous... Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your photo site with everyone. I too am an avid collector of old family photographs. We make them into "instant" new family members, complete with appropriate names. My old photographs reflect both a beauty and a sadness. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete